Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Lasalle - drawing module

HI ALL.

Yes, first 2 term of school has ended. Heck! The amount of workload is pretty scary. Manageable only if you've got good time management and dedication.

Sooooo my class is pretty good I guess. There's a mega-talented Japanese & Vietnamese, 2 Indonesians, 1 Taiwanese, 1 from Hong Kong and 2 from China. The rest are Singaporeans. That pretty much sums up my class.

I skipped many many many classes like hell due to emotional stress(LOL, let's just stick with that) and a tint of laziness. I got the lowest for grey matter(GM), a module in lasalle, scoring only 14/100. Well actually, I didn't even attend a single GM class during term 2. fuck me right and getting a 14 is too already too good to be true, plus Michelle, our lecturer even vaguely remembered which lessons i attended during term 1 tho she hasn't seen me for weeks and plus I;m pretty much an introvert, so I'm really surprised she remembered.

Out of 5 days of school, 4 of them starts in the morning & I REALLY hate waking up early. Why? Because I'd be freezing while bathing, had to squeeze into  the mother fucking packed train. urgh. so yes, this is the few reasons why I skipped lessons so much. (lolol weak excuses)

The very first module I'll be sharing is DRAWING!

Contour drawing - Still life
'Contour drawing, is an artistic technique used in the field of art in which the artist sketches the contour of a subject by drawing lines that result in a drawing that is essentially an outline; theFrench word contour meaning, “outline.”' (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contour_drawing)
(size - A2)
This work will probably be the best out of the rest you'd see. HAHA I was motivated to go to school in the beginning!!

Our homework~

Contour Drawing - Outdoor & Indoor
(size - A2)
Incompleted outdoor work. We had to do these outside school. NO rulers ok :( I hate it when rulers are banned because when it comes to drawing straight lines, I am a die-hard perfectionist(only if I want to) and it irks me every time the lines aren't perfectly straight. So it explains why I chose not to complete this work ahaha.

My plain room. Incompleted also because I wanna sleep. (Zzz) 

Cross Contour Drawing
'Cross-contours look like the contour lines on a map of rough terrain - they help us visualize the topography of a surface. Usually, we don't draw them this mechanically, but use the understanding of cross-contours to help us describe the form with more subtle line or shading.' 
(Source: http://drawsketch.about.com/od/drawinglessonsandtips/ss/crosscontour_2.htm)
(size - A2)

I did the work the day before final-assessment. I was sitting in ffront of the computer and I realised I still haven'd complete my cross-contour assignment so I really quickly drew this out (yes with ruler for some areas). If you look closely at the keyboard and modem, you'd see I was pretty much running out of patience and the lines are funnily fucked up hahahaha.

Supposed to be done in schooo but I skipped class lol! so iit was done at home.

Proportion
'Proportion is a principle of art that describes the size, location or amount of one element to another (or to the whole) in a work. It has a great deal to do with the overall hamrony of an individual piece.'
(Source: http://arthistory.about.com/cs/glossaries/g/p_proportion.htm)
(size - A2)

I DISLIKE doing proportion so much. argh plus my stupid perfectionist habit is acting up again.


This work drove my MAD. NO RULERS OK. I ALMOST DIED. Worst part of all is that after I've completed this work, I realised we can actually use ruler to draw this out...

Foreshortening
'Foreshortening is a technique used in perspective to create the illusion of an object receding strongly into the distance or background.'
(Source: http://painting.about.com/od/artglossaryf/g/defforeshorten.htm)
(size - A2)
My mommie. 

My mommie again. Can you guys actually guess what's the object on the right? LOL, one of my classmate actually know what the shit was it. It's a powder container HAHA. I drew that because at the very last minute I found out we needed draw an object too so yea.... powder... ha ha ha

Proportion - Figure Drawing
(size - A2)
my classmate Harif, or is it Harith?

Abi~ apparently I drew her way too skinny(tho she is skinny in real)

Krissalyn~ The seat of the chair is way too big LOL

Gesture Drawing
'Gesture drawing is work of art defined by rapid execution. Typical situations involve an artist drawing a series of poses taken by a model in a short amount of time, often as little as 30 seconds, or as long as 2 minutes.'
(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gesture_drawing)

(size - A2)
Julian~ 

I did this at the library. Ft. some guy in the library & Vera. hehe

Drew both of this guy in the library also. Li hai leh~

Yessss, the girl on the left is me LOL i got bored of drawing peope in the library so I search some pictures in my phone to draw it. The little guy on the right is Vera's newphew hhaahaha, it was in my phone also(I didnt realise it at all!)

The guy on the right is Chervin LOL. I have also no idea why is his picture in my phone. The girl on the rigt is some model I googled :x

Taylor Momsen, girl in library and Cuzzie faith hehe.

Perspective
'Perspective Drawing is a technique used to represent three-dimensional images on a two-dimensional picture plane. In our series of lessons on perspective drawing we explain the various methods of constructing an image with perspective and show how these are used by artists and illustrators.'
(Source: http://www.artyfactory.com/perspective_drawing/perspective_index.html)
(size - A3, A3, A2, A2)
First, I would like to thank Julian SO MUCH for teaching me about perspective, ya because I skipped tons of lessons(remember?) Secondly, we were allowed to use rulers!! God bless my perfectionist habit from acting up lololol.




Yup! That's all for the drawings on drawing blocks. Next up I will be sharing my drawing sketchbook(which is empty as compared to others.)

Drawing from what you see, not what you know
This was the very first exercise. We were told to draw out this picture of an old man upside-down(means the image is upside down, and we have to draw what the picture shows). Not allowed to flip it or erase. 

From this exercise, we'll learn basically what the title says. 'Draw from what you see instead of what you know.' Rely on what you see, not what your brain tells you how it looks like. It tests your eye-hand coordination. It seems easy but no!

LOL, so this is how mine looked like after I flipped it.. ha ha ha

Blind Drawing
Blind drawing is where you draw an object WITHOUT looking at the paper so all this while, you are only looking at the object while your hand draws it. 

I admitted for the picture at the most left I peeped twice. HAHAHA can't help it, so frustrating that I couldn't see what I was drawing... :<

Blind drawing for my glasses^.

Contour drawing for my glasses^

Blind drawing of comb, was pretty easy~

Blind drawing for trophy~

Blind drawing for my watch~

Contour drawing for my watch~

soooo THAT'S IT. Thanks for reading~ The rest of the pages are researches, pretty sure no one is interested in it. I'll be sharing my 2D & 3D together in a post next time soon. 

For those who are considering to enter Lasalle, good luck >:)

PS if you're gonna use my works for any ANY reason, please let me email me at: sickpony95@hotmail.com and credit my blog link on wherever you're gonna use it for/at. Thanks & much love :*

No comments:

Post a Comment